Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ward Kimball Biography Coming in 2012

Caricature of Ward Kimball by Walt Kelly

Didier Ghez's Disney History site has details of Amid Amidi's biography of Ward Kimball to come out in the latter half of 2012.
"The Kimball family has generously granted me access to all of Ward's personal files, photos and diaries, and I've combined this with new research and interviews to present a thorough celebration of his life that acknowledges his impact on the art form."
This is a book I very much look forward to reading.

6 comments:

NPMartin said...

Gasp!!! I can't wait for it to be published!

Sourdough Joe said...

Who did that caricature?

Mark Mayerson said...

As the caption states, it's by Walt Kelly.

Anonymous said...

I would be more excited about the book if Canemaker were penning it. I'm not a big fan of Amid.

Didier Ghez said...

I have read the draft manuscript. It is a fascinating book. Very well written and marvelously detailed. I learned some things in every single page.

Thad said...

Anonymous, I seriously doubt John Canemaker has ever considered writing a Ward Kimball book. There is a pesky tone in all his Disney tomes that suggests a disapproval of Kimball and his style.